802.11a/b/g/n Access Point, Router, Dual Band Module
- Quick time to market and reduced integration costs
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi radio (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz)
- AirborneM2M Power Save firmware reduces power consumption and extends battery life in mobile devices
- Extended operating temperature Range (-40°C to +85°C) and environmental specifications
- AirborneM2M Speed Link roaming provides enhanced connection reliability
- AirborneM2M PortFlex capability enables any combination of communication ports (UART, SPI, GPIO, Ethernet and 802.11 interfaces)
- Backwards compatible with previous generations of AirborneM2M embedded wifi modules
- Supported by Airborne Management Center (AMC) device discovery, management and control application software
The AirborneM2M line of highly-integrated 802.11 wireless access point modules allow OEMs to Wi-Fi enable devices used in an array of machine-to-machine (M2M) applications. B B SmartWorx delivers all the necessary RF technology networking stacks and advanced security features in a compact, single-board package, reducing integration costs for OEMs and providing for a quick time to market.
The AirborneM2M series delivers the industry’s most rugged, highly integrated, embedded wireless access point Wi-Fi module solution. AirborneM2M modules meet extended operating temperature and shock vibration specifications of the most demanding M2M applications.
Utilizing a 32-bit ARM9 processor and the high-performance Atheros AR6203 802.11 radio, the module delivers increased transmit power and receive sensitivity, contributing to superior range performance.
The AirborneM2M Speed Link roaming feature provides enhanced connection reliability, enabling OEM devices to roam freely within a wireless network without loss of data or connection.
AirborneM2M incorporates support for both wireless access point and serial to Wi-Fi communications. Utilizing AirborneM2M Port Flex capability, OEMs may configure via software any combination of UART, SPI, Ethernet, GPIO and 802.11 interfaces. Each individual port can be independently configured. A development kit is also available to aid developers (sold separately).
These AirborneM2M modules are footprint and pin-compatible with their predecessors. B B SmartWorx’ commitment to maintaining hardware and software compatibility assures OEMs of a simple, future-proof migration path even as wireless technology evolves.